Just getting Underway For Good Work
These joyful words of hope in the Minutes of the General Assembly of 1907-1908 (U.C.C.) described the founding of a new church in the west end of Toronto. The congregation of St. James Square United Presbyterian Church (at Victoria and Gould Streets) had determined that a new church was needed in this fast-developing area.
After making do with rented houses and borrowed school rooms for a year, the rapidly growing congregation moved into their new building which held 300 for worship.
With the congregation of Runnymede growing by leaps and bounds, and the development of more residential areas, it was decided that a move to larger premises farther to the south would be appropriate. In 1915, the lot at the corner of Annette Street and Willard Avenue was purchased.
These memorials also help us to remember and renew our dedication to His service.